Basics of Trust Accounting:
How to Comply with Disciplinary Board Rule 17-204
Date: Monday, December 5, 2022
Time: Noon - 1 p.m.
Credits: 1.0 EP
This program fulfills the requirement of Rule 17-204 NMRA, effective Dec. 31, 2016, that an attorney take a trust accounting class at least once every three years, or within the first year of being licensed in New Mexico, and is one of the Disciplinary Board's ongoing programs designed to educate attorneys on proper practices and procedures.
This course will instruct participants on the fundamentals of attorney trust accounts in New Mexico, including (a) the proper operation of such accounts (b) identification of records that must be maintained; (c) best and prohibited practices for operating a trust account and accepting retainers; (d) recording trust transactions in general and client ledgers; and (e) reconciling trust account ledgers with bank statements.
Important information & login instructions:
- Registration closes the day before the program; registration and payment must be received prior to 10 a.m. MT the day before the event.
- Once registered for the webinar, you will receive emails (one day before and shortly before the start time) with instructions to join.
- This program uses the GoToWebinar platform.
- This program elligbile for BTG compliance. Please contact us to register.
- This program is available online only through a desktop, laptop, iPad or mobile device with Internet capabilities. It is considered a live program and attendees will receive live CLE credit after attending