REPLAY: Whistleblowers Bring Medicaid Fraudsters to Justice (2021)
Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2022
Time: 9 - 10:15 a.m.
Credits: 1.3 G
Originally presented on October 20, 2021.
This program will address issues of Medicaid fraud and elder abuse, including:
- Provide the mission and capabilities of the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit of the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General.
- Provide a whistleblower case example in which a fired employee brings a qui tam action alleging Medicaid provider fraud.
- Discuss the legal protections and financial incentives for New Mexico whistleblowers.
- Describe whistleblower actions that can be brought under the New Mexico Medicaid False Claims and New Mexico Fraud Against Taxpayers acts.
- Explain how the government makes its intervention decision regarding the whistleblower’s qui tam action.
Constance G. Tatham, Esq., Director, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit
Joseph M. Martinez, Esq., Office of Attorney General
Zachary A. Shandler, Esq., Office of Attorney General
Important information & login instructions:
- Registration closes the day before the program; registration and payment must be received prior to 10 a.m. MT the day before the event.
- After registering for the webinar, you will receive emails with instructions to join.
- This program is presented using the GoToWebinar platform.